Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sentosa Flower Festival

Yesterday I was on leave therefore arranged with Mr. Alfred Tan to visit the once a year Sentosa Flowers Festival to take some pictures. There were flowers from many different countries on display and many visitors from all over the world at the Sentosa Flowers Festival. Sometimes I have to wait quite a while for people to clear in order to take a flower from a certain angle but I enjoyed myself overall.

I used my Canon 40D with the 24-105f4 lens for these pictures and sometimes I add a Hoya +3 close-up filter to get closer to the flowers. I cropped all the photos into square format because I would loved to use my Hasselblad camera to photograph flowers but it is too much Hassel and too heavy to lug my Hassy gear there!

If you are flower lover and would like to see the rest of the photos I have taken, please visit my photos webpage at the following URL: http://ctsm88.smugmug.com/gallery/7218829_wcvkZ




9 comments:

Wing Cheung said...

Hi Chris,

Which model of Hasselblad you using?I am really interest in Hasselblad. Can you post some photo took by your Hasselblad?

Wing Cheung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wing Cheung said...

There are also a flower exhibition in HK on March. William and I (maybe other colleagues) will go there, wait for us.

Chris Ting said...

Hi Wing,
I have a 503CX with 5 lenses 50, 80, 120, 150 and a 250. My Hasselblad pictures are in slides, I must find a way to scan the slides before I can show you the pictures. I have recently bought two rolls of Fujifilm 160 film but yet to try it. Maybe after I try the film I will develop the images to show you.

Previously I bought a Sinar Digital Back for S$59,000 for commercial work but sold it off after closing down my studio. Now I'm thinking of buying a cheaper Leaf Digital back (S$17,000) but I hear it got strong Moire problem so I'm holding back on the purchase until I can find something cheap and good : )

Cool, I will look forward to seeing your flower pictures! I'm sure with the cooler temperature in Hong Kong, your shots will be even better. Singapore is too hot, the lighting too contrast therefore I used my Canon to get a slightly softer and less contrasting flower photos.

Wing Cheung said...

wow, I suggest you bought a scanner to store your slide into PC, Epson is a good choice, the scan quality is good.
Digital Back is really expensive. If it not use for commercial, film is enough. I also like to use slide but it is 135. 120 feel totally different. Still thinking of 500CM or 503CX.(both need to save money,haha)

Chris Ting said...

Hi Wing,
You right, buying a scanner will definitely be much cheaper than a digital back! That's the way to go for the time being.
A 500CM would be a good start into Hasselblad. Hope you'll be able to realise your dream soon : )

Francis Cheung said...

The photo is so nice.
BTW, we will have a flower show in HK on March. ^_^

Chris Ting said...

Thanks Francis! So will you be going to the HK Flower Show with William and Wing?

Francis Cheung said...

Hi Chris,

Of course lar~