Sunday, December 7, 2008

International Kart GP

At the end of November, I went to Macau for the Kart Racing. The Kart Racing is an International Competition and the Karts & drivers' dressing look colorful.

The Kart is moving faster than I expect. We can use a high shutter speed to freeze the motion. Another choice is using panning skill -- Since the Kart is small in size, we need to use a slower shutter speed to show its motion (e.g. 1/125 or slower). During the panning, it is better to focus in the driver (e.g. Helmet). Due to the track & driver skill, the Kart is moving fast and flexible which increase the difficult to produce the sharp images in panning shots. As a result, it is another challenge for sport photographers.

Personally, I quite like this photo series. The photos are in my album:
http://www.fotop.net/williamc/Kart2008

Please feel free to give me your comment. Thanks.
P.S. Unfortunately, Kart Racing is without Racing Queens, so don't ask me about the Racing Queens pictures : )








3 comments:

Wing Cheung said...

I've played Kart in a short trip to China. It's a indoor track. It's really exicted and faster than i expect. I can only drive 40km/hr in straight road.

Toycarsmy said...

Oh yah, is there Racing "King" instead?

The Panning is nice, it give motion effect to make the pictures interesting.

4 Thumbs Up.

William Chan said...

hehe, no Racing "King" lah : )
Thanks for the comments.