Thursday, February 5, 2009

Canon EOS5D MKII

I just upgrade my Canon 5D to 5D MKII recently. Attached are some pictures taken by 5D MKII. So far, my comment on 5D MKII:

The things I like:
- Picture quality are in the top class
- Very good noise control in High ISO performance (e.g. ISO3200)
- Anti-dust CMOS sensor -- this is useful
- Auto ISO - sometimes, it is useful to produce a sharper image (the camera will change to higher ISO to maintain higher shutter speed)
- Excellent movie quality!

The improvement areas for 5DMKII:
- more AF points (now, only 9 AF points and located at the centre part of focusing screen!)
- built-in flash (Nikon D700 have this!)
- more number of frame per second
- better AF in liveview mode

After getting 5D MKII, I am thinking to upgrade my PC at home. Now, my PC is not fast enough to process the RAW file & Video by 5DMKII. Need to save money >_<

Lens: 85f1.2L
ISO5000, f1.2, 1/1600




Lens: 85f1.2L
ISO500, f1.4, 1/80




Lens: 24-105f4L
ISO3200, f4, 1/40

2 comments:

Francis Cheung said...

Thanks for your sharing. I love the high quality of ISO 3200 very much. It is a very attractive selling point to me. ^_^

BTW, our blog picture has change to a big pink flower - good, look more like Spring season.

William Chan said...

The blog title picture is provided by Alfred :) A great flower photo to give us a feeling of spring season.