Sunday, February 1, 2009

Two Kingfishers in Bishan Park

Last week, I revisited the reserviour where I photographed the White-Bellied Sea Eagle hoping to get more pictures but it was no where to be found. I was disappointed and was walking home through a park opposite my flat (Bishan Park) when I saw a white-throated kingfisher perched on the railing beside a monsoon drain so I quickly took out my camera and started photographing it. Moment later another kingfisher came into my frame and now I have two kingfishers!

In life, we may not always find what we set out to seek but occasionally we may be awarded with some other good things. So do not let your disappointment pull you down. Who knows, there may be a pot of gold waiting for you at the end of the rainbow. Stay cheerful always and learn to live life to the fullest!

Here are some pictures of the two kingfishers to share with you. As usual I'm using my birding camera equipment - Canon 40D, 100-400mm lens, 580II flash.



3 comments:

iboey said...

Hahhaha the comic strip is really a good one!

Chris Ting said...

Thanks Mervyn : )

William Chan said...

HaHa.. interesting comic style.